There are many ways that you can attract clients and more business, however what impression are you leaving with your digital thumbprint? Through your website, social media, local listings and digital content (more in future posts on these specifically) you can have quite a bit of control over the story you are telling. A key element you can leverage are the reviews on your social media. Why not ask clients to share their experience. It is proven that prospects typically base their decision to use a business or give to an organization based on what others say in reviews. Think about how you make these types of decisions.
Below are a few step-by-step instructions for the top three social platforms.Take control of your branding and story, this can help you attract more clients and build a solid community of followers. In a later post we will explore reviews on your local listings.
We will start with Facebook, one of simplest platforms to request reviews for. To get a link to send.
- Go to your business page (you cannot do this for community pages)
- Click on Reviews in your options or add “reviews” to the end of your branded URL
- Copy URL and send the link
Don’t have a branded (or Vanity URL as they call it) click HERE for a how-to.
Google is an important one to keep tabs on. Why, well it’s Google and this is something that will pop up when someone searches your business. So kind of important! Here are the official steps that Google provides to help you create a link for reviews:
- Go to the Google Places API
- Enter your business information in the “Enter a location” field at the top of the map
- Click your business name in the list that appears
- Your Place ID will appear on the map, beneath your business name.
- Add your Place ID to the following URL to create your link: http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<place_id>For example:
There is not a way to create or send a specific link that directly takes someone to recommend you on LinkedIn, but you can send them a link to your profile. Written recommendations are at found at the bottom of your profile. To encourage recommendations, send someone to your profile (use the public or serial ID URL) and ask them to scroll (or hit Ctrl+End) to go to the bottom to see your recommendations.
If you have not already, you should brand your LinkedIn URL so that your community can easily find you. Click HERE for a link on how to do that. If you have customized it, the link to your public profile is www.LinkedIn.com/in/YOURBRAND.
Thank you for following and reading Silver Keys Media’s Blog
Please Contact Us with feedback or questions